Wednesday 4 December 2013

Christmas challenge


I can finally reveal to you the reason I have been absent for the past few weeks.  In between all the pre-christmas parties, my sons house warming party and shopping and lunchs,   I have been sewing a little quilt for my quilt groups christmas challenge.    The organiser of the challenge decided the quilt was to be A4 in size and contain a minimum of two log cabin blocks.    I have played with several different designs before deciding on the final one I would use.    To stretch my skills I also decided to use prarie points around the edge to finish it off,  I have never sewn prarie points before, so this was a lesson in small points.     Several times I had to unpick and restitch but in the end I was happy with what I produced, it is not perfect, but this is what a challenge is all about, trying new things.    Tonight was our Christmas party, the last time we had a meeting before our break over the christmas peroid.      Two of the members supplied a lovely table of finger foods and of course desserts.    With all the little quilts lined up and numbered so it would be an anonymous vote, everyone was given a slip of paper and were asked to vote for their favourite, the winner was decided and then to my surprise I received  second place.     I'm very happy with second and my prize, which is a $30 voucher for our local fabric store and a fat quarter bundle.     Sunday will be a christmas craft day with the girls in the family, I'm looking forward to this and so I've decided to make some yummy treats for us.     After checking to see what is popular this year, I have decided on cherry ripe chocolate balls and peppermint chocolate balls.     I'll show you what these look like, and also give you my verdict on what they taste like when I make these at the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment