Tuesday 19 November 2013

I love Nori Rolls

I was introduced to Sushi,  or more precisely Nori rolls about three years ago while out shopping.  Never afraid to try something new I bought one prawn roll  for lunch, that was when my love for Nori rolls began.   My family like these almost as much as I do, so I decided I had to learn how to make them.    After several messy attempts I can now proclaim I know how to make these little rolls of yummy.    Ok, I still make a bit of a mess but they do hold their shape when I cut them and they taste yummy.   I was asked to take a plate of food to a friends birthday last weekend, so of course I decided  to make a platter of Nori rolls. Actually it was my sister who demanded I make a plate of sushi to take along.    I was surprised to find that there are some people that haven't tried these before.  I  convinced a friend to try one and guess what,  she has just bought a Sushi kit from the supermarket today to try and make her own.   Last night while wondering what to have for dinner I realised I had some fillings left from the wekend so I made a couple for my dinner last night.    I also have a weekness for pickled ginger and I  like rice paper rolls, my daughters and I often make these over the summer, they are so nice on a hot day.

2 comments:

  1. I must confess to never having tried these. Your's look wonderful and quite tempting though!! Beautiful in fact!
    So happy to hear you chuckled at my tale of "extreme tossing out" yesterday. I hauled off a number of fur coats and men's coats that will hopefully keep some folks warm this winter. It is forecast to be a bad winter here....but then who knows?
    Today will be more of the same. You have a lovely day now. I so enjoy hearing from you. I especially enjoyed the picture of the magpie nest as we do not have them here in Indiana! Cool! Your friend, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Diane, I will try to get a photo of the Magpies for you, this morning after the workmen had moved off to the other side of the park the grey and pink Galahs were back to feed on the grass seeds, I have found it impossible to photograph them, they are so flighty at movements around them. Have a great weekend and I hope you're not too cold over there, winter is not my favourite season. Best wishes Wendy

    ReplyDelete