Thursday 17 October 2013

Some little tarts

I rolled out the pastry I had over from the fruit roll and had enough to make two dozen little jam tarts, or so I thought. ( the recipe for the pastry is on my previous blog)  I don't know why, but, every time I make these I always put too much jam in them and they overflow the tart cases and make a complete mess of the pan.    I only have one small tart pan so after washing this and then realising I would not have enough jam to make another dozen,  I took the eggs from the fridge and with some red onion, sun-dried tomatoe and grated cheese I made a dozen little savoury egg tarts as well.  These have been cooled and stored in the freezer.  I do have to admit to having a taste test of the apple and fruit roll and one of the jam tarts with a cup of coffee this afternoon, very yummy.

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love your post on using up those apples! I know just what you mean in not wanting to waste anything buy to put it to good use! I just grabbed some apples from downstairs to make a juice drink up..... as we have been sick now for almost 2 weeks and I get motivated to up the fruit and veggie intake to help get us well again!!

    ReplyDelete