Wednesday 3 July 2013

Something small to quilt


Pattern- Winter seeds by the Crafty Quilter
I know I said my aim this year was to finish all my UFI's, not to start a new project, not to buy more fabric, I know I said that but...... I have.   My group of old friends have decided to hold a Christmas in July lunch next weekend, which I'm really looking forward to,  I don't see this group often because we live quite a distance apart.   It has been thanks to the internet that we have been able to keep in touch, and so, organise these get togethers every three or four months.   I was thinking about the small gift I have been asked to bring, after all what is Christmas without a gift, when I thought, why don't I make a small quilt for the host as well.   I had a look through my patterns for a table runner or something I could sew for a centre piece,   when I found this pattern on Pinterest here this is just perfect,  because the fabrics used are a new release I have improvised, this is what I came up with.  Instead of machine stitching the leaves I decided to hand piece them,   I think it looks good, now to quilt it before my son and his family arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment