Tuesday 9 July 2013

Beautiful sunset

I have kept very busy today, you see, my son and his young family left this morning to fly back to their interstate home.   These past five days have just gone by far to quickly, it has been so good to have them here, tiring yes, but good.   My son is still receiving chemotherapy and tires easily but, they have managed to fill their time here catching up with family and friends and were able to watch his football team play and win last Friday night.   Shortly after I waved them off this morning I walked inside and thought I could be upset or get busy, so I decided to strip all the beds, remove the towels from the bathroom, get everything washed and out on the line to hopefully dry in the sun.    The floors have been vacummed and mopped, the toys are packed away until next time and now I'm wondering what will I do.    Thankfully I will be spending the day with my quilting group tomorrow,  I will have lots to talk about and I won't have to be here alone missing them.    Late this afternoon while taking the last few things from the line I noticed the sky, a beautiful pink and grey, this means another very cold and frosty  night but a beautiful sunny day tomorrow.  Once again we haven't had the expected rain, I have been watering plants out in the garden, hopefully we will get some rain before the winter is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment