Wednesday 12 June 2013

Wet and miserable today


Winter has finally arrived, today has been wet, cold and miserable.  We do need the rain, last month was one of  the driest that we have had for a long time.  With the days drawing in and now the rain it sure is making it hard to smile.    I was planning on a visit see my dad in the next couple of days, but after listening to the traffic report on this mornings news, and hearing of the number accidents on the wet roads I think I will leave it untill next week when we are predicted to have a dry day.  I have a big pot of soup on the stove cooking, some for dinner and the rest for containers to store in the freezer.    Definately  a good night to be at home wrapped in a quilt, either watching the television or sewing. 

2 comments:

  1. Hope all is well and the hot soup was comforting on a cold winters night! Love the picture and hearing about your world be it so far away and the opposite of mine. Here in the 90"s today and very high humidity. Sort of the steam bath effect......take care and enjoying your musings. diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, the soup was warming, winter is not my favourite season, but I don't like humidity either, we don't have too many humid days down south where I am, although my son in Sydney does. I also enjoying reading your blog and what is happening in your part of the world, Regards wendy

      Delete