Wednesday 12 June 2013

Testing Gluten Free

My two daughters are hosting afternoon tea for all the female members of the family on Sunday.      One of my sisters and her daughter are Coeliacs,  to be sure they are able to eat the same as the rest of us I have volunteered to bake some things that are gluten free.       Not having much experience with this I asked the son who does everything to come shopping with me this morning.        He has tried a few of the gluten free products before and I was hoping he would be able to lead me in the right direction.        This is what I have found at the supermarket, I have to say I am dissapointed that there is not more to choose from, it must be so difficult to find something  you can eat if you are Gluten intolerant.       Orgran Pastry mix,  Macro cupcake mix and some little Crostini, which will be perfect with some gourmet toppings.    These along with some tiny egg quiches should be enough.           In the meantime I am hemming a pair of jeans for my dad, yes, my dad who is eighty six and only started to wear jeans about ten years ago.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there Wendy, thank you so much for stopping by and commenting on my blog. I haven't been able to respond to your questions as your email addy doesn't come up, so I'll try and remember to answer them in a blog post. Have great day.
    *hugs*
    Tazzie
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for the reply, looking forward to your next blog.

      Delete