Saturday 4 May 2013

Tuna patties

Last week I realised I haven't been eating enough fish, our local fresh fish supply was closed late last year and there is no where to buy fresh fish locally anymore.  Determined to eat more fish, to increase my omega levels I decided to make some tuna patties for dinner tonight, I'm using canned fish  because that's all I have, however these are so much nicer with fresh fish.        I'm using a basic recipe tonight, sometimes I also make Thai fish cakes but tonight I just felt like these.  I made a small salad and some brown rice to have with them, very nice.   I have to tell you though that my very favourite way to have them is between two slices of toast with shredded lettuce and lemon juice, usually for lunch.   

Fish patties

1 large potato peeled and chopped
185 gm can tuna ( you can use a flavoured tuna, lemon or lime)
2-3 spring onions
2 tsps lemon rind
1 egg lightly beaten
1 tbls chopped parsley
breadcrumb
Oil,  (I used safflower oil )

Boil potatoes in salted water till cooked, drain and cool.  Mash the potato, add finely sliced spring onions, lemon rind, egg, parsley, tuna and salt and pepper.   Mix till well combined,  form into patties and roll in the breadcrumbs till covered.  Place on a plate, then put into the fridge for about an hour (this stops them from losing their shape as they cook)   Pour enough oil into a pan,  just to cover the bottom of the pan, cook turning when golden brown, place onto some paper towel to drain.   Serve with a salad or some potato wedges.  This gave me six medium patties, some for the freezer. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment