Wednesday 23 January 2013

Fresh produce

Nothing beats growing your own vegetables, I'm definately eating more vegetables than I used to and the fact that they are organic and fresh gives me the incentive to want to eat them.   I'm outside in the garden more than I usually would be so I'm getting more excercise and feeling better for it.  Today I pulled out the last two lettuce, they were starting to bolt, so it was time.    I've dug that patch over and instead planting seeds I'm going to buy seedlings to plant, these will grow fast and I'll have crunchy lettuce quicker than waiting for the seeds to germinate.  I've been disappointed with the beans, I've had a few, but not the abundance I was hoping for, with the small handful I picked today I decided to blanch them and add them to the salad I would make for dinner,

No comments:

Post a Comment