Sunday 9 September 2012

A summer quilt

Fabrics are Summer house by Lily Ashbury for Moda
Yesterday while browsing through some online quilting sites,  I came across a video on you tube from the Missouri Star quilt company.   It was showing a quick and easy shortcut using 2 &1/2" strips, anything with quick and easy gets my vote,  so last night I rummaged through my stash,  which I don't have a lot of now,  but  I did find a pack of fabrics that I had purchased last year to make a quilt for the family room, these are blues and greens in bright summery colours.  These would be perfect to cut  into strips,  I was able to get all the cutting done last night and this morning set to work to sew these together.  The interesting thing about this pattern is when you have your strips sewn together and then cut into squares,  I cut 10' blocks, you then turn one block around with right sides together so you have a vertical block on top of a horizontal block and then stitch all the way around the two blocks, stitching them together, press then cut twice through diagonally, just like you would for pinwheels.  Press these open and you have some interesting patterns, not sure yet which way I will lay these out.  Let you know when I have them pieced together.

No comments:

Post a Comment