Wednesday 9 May 2012

Hand made gifts

One of my daughters friends, who follows my blog suggested I should make and sell the bag that I have just made for my Mother-in-Law for Mothers Day. I have thought about this in the past, but the problem is that by the time you add the costs to produce hand made items the cost is more that most people are willing to pay.  In the past I have made a  lot of different items that I have given as gifts to family and friends. They have been excited to receive what has been made by me so  I will continue to make things for those close to me.  On Monday after dropping rubbish at the tip, my son and I wandered over to the recycle centre to have a look, I spotted two wooden kitchen chairs, almost the same as the chairs that I have. They seemed in need of little repair, or so I thought,  until I asked Daniel to lift them from their hiding place. A dog had chewed quite a considerable chunk from one leg, Daniel promptly put it back, but I have been thinking about this and wonder if the leg could be replaced, of course it could, I wonder how much it would cost? Then I could paint them both and it would solve the problem of not enough chairs when everyone are over for dinner. Should I just keep looking?

No comments:

Post a Comment