Wednesday 14 March 2012

Milestone birthday

Blowing the candles with a little help
Since my last blog so much has happened, I turned 60yrs old last week and to celebrate this milestone my son Darren, his wife Renee and young sons came to stay with me from interstate. It was wonderful to spend time with them as we only see each other a few times every year. I had a small party in my home with my other grown children, grandsons and my extended family. It was a lovely night, which past much too quickly. So now I'm looking forward to receiving my senior citizens card in the mail, lol, might be a few more visits to the movies on the discount this card offers.  Darren and his family stayed for six days and before I knew it, it was time to drive them to the airport and say goodbye once again. This week I've also been concentrating on sewing the quilt which will be for my youngest sister Kerri, she is still mad about fairies, so I've been embroidering and appliqueing hoping to finish this before her next birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment